(A FREE Digital Dance Party)
Friday, June 5, 2020, 8:00–9:00 p.m.
Join the virtual event.
After months of sheltering in place at home, MIX is back . . . virtually! Dance your way into spring and join us for MIX: Bloom, featuring a live DJ set from JonDoeTho1 (pop, hip-hop, soul, and future beats) alongside remixed animated visuals of florals from the CMA’s collection by motion graphics artist Jessica Williams. Create a MIX vibe at home by donning floral prints, a flower crown, or by adding fresh-cut flowers to your space. We miss seeing you at MIX, so please share photos of your MIX vibe to #MIXatCMA and #MuseumFromHome!
MIX: Bloom is part of the museum’s free dynamic digital initiative, Home Is Where the Art Is, that showcases its globally recognized digital resources and features a variety of newly created fun and engaging programs for people of all ages.
Prepare for the event with the museum’s “Virtual MIX Kit”:
- Download a virtual background for Zoom developed by guest artist Jessica Williams, or a background featuring one of the CMA's Open Access artworks. Learn how to display a virtual background in Zoom, here.
- Learn how to make rosé sangria, the MIX: Bloom–inspired cocktail, in a “how-to” video by chef Ramat Wiley and photographer/videographer McKinley Wiley.
- Enjoy a five-song Spotify playlist from DJ JonDoeTho1.
- Download the free ArtLens App and take the featured tour “Spring Flowers,” create your own virtual tour, or view any exhibition.
- Participate in the #CMASketch and #CMACreate challenges for a chance to be reposted to the CMA’s Instagram stories. Learn more here.
- Check out other virtual programs featuring works on view with the On My Mind and Desktop Dialogues video series.
How to Join MIX: Bloom
- Zoom (with “dance cam”). Join the party through Zoom for a chance to be featured in a live “dance cam” that will spontaneously occur throughout the hour. A link to join will be posted to this page (cma.org/mix) or on the museum’s Facebook page. You can also send an email (subject line: “MIX: Bloom”) to mix [at] clevelandart.org to receive a link in your inbox.
- Instagram. Go to the museum’s Instagram page from your smart phone or iPad and tap the CMA’s logo to view the institution’s story. An option to “swipe up” and join the event via Zoom will be available.
- Facebook. Watch live on the CMA’s Facebook page from your smart phone, iPad, or computer.
NOTE: Virtual MIX parties are both pet- and child-friendly.
The Cleveland Museum of Art would like to thank Chase Private Client for their generous support of MIX: Bloom.