Textile Art Alliance
Calling all fiber artists, quilters, weavers, knitters, wearable art enthusiasts, designers, makers, craftspeople, textile art historians, educators, and collectors: come share your interest in fiber art and textiles by becoming a member of the Textile Art Alliance (TAA) of the Cleveland Museum of Art (CMA).
Established in 1934, the TAA has promoted textile and fiber arts through exhibitions and educational programs, such as collection visits, lectures, and workshops by renowned scholars and artists. In addition we have mounted more than 40 exhibitions of contemporary fiber art—including our triennial Focus: Fiber, a national juried show. Through our fundraising activities, we have purchased more than 50 works of art for the CMA’s textile collection.
We are proud to have been a presenting sponsor of the CMA’s Renaissance Splendor: Catherine de’ Medici’s Valois Tapestries exhibition (November 17, 2018, to January 21, 2019).
As a TAA member, you will enjoy behind-the-scenes access to a world-class collection; exclusive programming, including studio tours, lectures, and workshops; and the chance to socialize and network with fellow textile enthusiasts.
TAA membership is open to all members of the CMA who are interested in contemporary or historic textiles and fiber arts. Membership in the TAA comes with priceless benefits:
- A full year of educational programming, including collection tours and events led by museum curators and staff; lectures by visiting artists; tours of local artist studios; hands-on creative workshops; and social events exclusively for TAA members. All programs are discounted or free for TAA members.
- A monthly gathering at Praxis Fiber Workshop for TAA members to work on their individual art projects in the company of others.
- A monthly email newsletter with announcements of collection updates, upcoming TAA events, upcoming textile and fiber events in the local community, and news from members.
- Access to the Facebook page for and by TAA members for the latest news, sharing of ideas, and list of happenings around town.
- The opportunity show your work in TAA member exhibitions and markets.
- Discounts at local retail stores specializing in fiber arts and supplies with your TAA membership card.
If you are a CMA member at Associate level ($250) or above, you can join at least one Affinity Group as part of your membership benefits. To join this way, please contact memberprograms [at] clevelandart.org.
President: Barbara Lubinski
Treasurer: Joyce Jentoft
Focus: Fiber Coordinator: Karen Hinkle
Communications Coordinator: Mary Ann Tipple
Contact us at 216-707-2592 or at taa [at] clevelandart.org.
Visit our upcoming programs page to learn about exciting upcoming opportunities to admire and learn about textile art.
Join us on Facebook to get details on upcoming events and learn what else our talented members are up to.
Textile Art Alliance Group Affiliate